Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Saturday, January 14, 2012

This little light of mine

I had reservations about Makenna going to Vacation Bible School at our church because I knew she would be the youngest preschooler there.  Ms Debbie assured me she would be fine so I took her with instructions to call me if need be for me to pick her up.  Arriving to pick Makenna up, I found her in the sanctuary wit the other children singing praises to Jesus.  What joy that brings to my heart to hear her sing "Jesus Loves Me" and "This Little Light Of Mine."  We are striving to instill in this precious child a love for Jesus that is unquenchable.  I know that is the only way to find peace and joy in this world and I want my sweet baby to know that, but not only know in her head but in her heart believe it as well.  The Word teaches us from the time they are babies to write the Word on their heart.  With the Lord's guidance and help daily that is our goal for this sweet baby.


One way to do that I believe is through VBS.  This year they were detectives as they searcged  for the light, the light of Jesus.  Everything centered around letting out light shine for Jesus.  Oh how I pray my Lord impresses on Makenna's young heart a desire to follow Him in everything she does, to be totally odebient to Him in every way.


My sweet little detective letting her light shine for Jesus.  Baby Girl always let your light shine!

No comments: