Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Friday, May 25, 2012

A dream come true for a three year old Princess

At 6 am, Makenna was up and ready to see Mickey and Minnie even though we were still in Huntsville.  After encouraging her to eat breakfast which was useless,she was to excited to eat, we made our way to the airport.  Makenna had never been on a plane before and i was not sure how that was going to work.  As we were unloading the luggage, Makenna wanted to push the stroller instead of riding in the stroller.  That was fun for a short time then she decided to give the stroller a push down a hill which lead to the loading and unloading zone.  Stephanie was on the phone so I dropped both suitcases and ran to catch the stroller before it hit a car or was smashed by a car.  I am sure that was a sight to see but I did get the stroller and Makenna did not get to push it any longer she had her behind in the stroller from then on.  We checked in and went through security which scared her a little so they let me carry her through the scanner with me and she was fine.  We boarded the plane with IPad in hand and movies on it to occupy her.  It worked like a charm, she was wonderful on the flight.  I could not have ask for  child who was flying for the first time to be any better.
Upon arrival at Orlando airport we found our Magical Express and rode that to our resort.  Neil and Miles met us there and we headed to Magic Kingdom to let Precious Baby see Mickey and Minnie.  She was so excited she hardly knew what to do.  We got her a lanyard and a few pins so she could trade them then found rides for them to enjoy and enjoy they did.  Dinner was at the Crystal Palace.  She got to see Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, and Eeyore and have her picture made with them. Pictures will follow as soon as I get the files from Neil.  Miles does not like the characters so much he cried himself to sleep in Stephanie's lap where he stayed during the entire meal.  The meal was good for park food but Makenna indulged herself mostly in sweets and fruit.  How could we expect any less of her, she comes by that honestly. 
A structured schedule was thrown out the window for the week.  We were in the park late every night allowing the children to take advantage of everything they wanted to do or see.  Makenna told everyone repeatedly she wanted to see "Ari" aka Ariel.  We did that plus a whole lot more. We rode every ride my Precious Baby wanted to ride including a roller coaster, the teacups that Lexi and Makenna spun so much Mamma Kim was about sick, carousel, flying carpet, Dumbo, It's a small world, Peter Pan, and the race cars.  Yes, I have a little daredevil on my hands who at times is not afraid of anything.  The first day at Disney as I saw the excitement and thrill of all the sites in Makenna's eyes it was worth every penny I spent on the trip and I will do it again.  I love to see life lived and experienced through the eyes of a child and that is what I had the opportunity to do on this vacation.  Blessings never cease to amaze me and they were showered on me during this trip. 

No comments: