Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Monday, April 30, 2012

Makenna in April

Makenna is growing and changing so quickly and that makes me sad.  Most days, I would like her to stay little and never lose that child like innocence.  I know that is not God's plan but many times it is hard for me to savor the moment.  That is one thing I struggle with daily especially since so much has been added to my plate, most of what has been added not necessarily by my choice but what I know must be done.
Makenna loves dog dog and he goes with her many of the places she goes and for sure to bed with her every night.
 These pictures were made before church on Sunday morning and Makenna was more interested in getting to church than me snapping pictures.  I was very pleased with some of them even if she was ready to go.
This is probably my favorite and will be enlarged and framed to go on the wall in a place of honor.  This picture to me is just like our Precious Baby.
Practicing her speech lessons
Makenna loves to help Mamma Kim cook but even more than that she loves to lick the diggers.  That is what the beaters for the mixer are called at our house.  I cannot remember if is was Will or Annacarmie that started calling them diggers because that was many years ago but the name stuck and to everyone at our house they are diggers now and forever.  Sweet baby lick all that "chockie" Makenna's  word for chocolate off the diggers.
She plays hard all day and rarely ever naps these days therefore, when night gets here she is done, stick a fork in her done as she passes out for sheer exhaustion.
Makenna loves to take pictures as much as Mamma Kim does but she wants a real camera just like Mamma Kim's.  Oh my this child has learned early to have expensive taste. 
She certainly has opinions of her own about what she wants or likes.  She insisted on UGGS in the 85-90 degree heat and said she was cold not hot.  Goodness, will I ever survive another strong willed little person?  I thought her Uncle Will had a strong will but I think this child has him beat.
Mamma Kim is proud of the creativity Makenna displays.  She loves to color, paint, draw, and cut.  I want to continue encouraging that in her.  I know what an outlet that is for me and I hope it will be for her one day.  Keep creating Precious Baby.

No comments: