Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day- A day I did not know if I would be blessed in celebrating again


 Mimi, this picture brings so much joy and happiness to me because God has given the another Mother's Day with you.  I pray your day has been filled with the love of your children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren. You are truly loved.
As Mamma Kim wrapped Mimi's gifts this morning, Makenna said she needed something to chew on so she got Mimi's card and started chewing on it.  Before anyone could get it away from her she had taken a bite out of the card.  We still do not know why she needed something to chew on. 

Mimi promised Makenna she could open the presents.  Even though they were not taped super well, Makenna decide she need the thing to open the gifts.  No one but Mamma Kim knew what the "thing" was, the letter opener.  I cannot say I have ever seen anyone open a gift with a letter opener until now.  Baby girl, you  definitely have a creative spirit in you.  I pray you never lose that.

 On September 14, 2011, I did not know if Mimi would live through the day much less to see her next Mother's Day.  God chose to allow us to have her for a while longer.  Thank you Lord for that blessing.  May I never take your blessings for granted.  No Mimi is not where she was  before the aneurysm and two brain surgeries but it is ok because we still have her with us in whatever level of recovery she attains. Yes, there are difficult and trying days  when she cannot remember anything or during the times it takes her hours to do a task, however, I am diligently trying to see the blessings in all of this.  After all, nothing takes my Lord by surprise.  There are many lessons to be learned in the valleys of life.  This past year has certainly been one of many valleys and trials but my God has seen me through each one.
 Four Generations

No comments: